Copyright © Sventech. All rights reserved.
If your laser will not cut or seems to have lost power here are a few things to double check:
1. All lasers are FDA mandated to self monitor their output to ensure safe operation of the device.
2. If you are experiencing poor cutting and no fault is present with the machine, do not just turn up the power. A damaged fiber optic can back splash the laser's energy into the optical coupling device. Eventually the laser will no longer be able to focus the laser light properly and there will be no energy transmission.
3. Most poor cutting performance issues are caused by a damaged fiber optic delivery system. Just because you still see the aiming beam does not mean your fiber is transmitting the laser's power properly. Try a different fiber and if the power is restored there is something wrong with the other fiber and not your machine.
4. Hard tissue lasers use the interaction between water and the laser's energy. If there is no "popping" noise emitting from the tip of the hand piece, please stop. Double check that the tip is not damaged. If changing the tip does not restore the water laser interaction, double check the mirror in your hand piece. (Please note - not all hard tissue lasers have mirrors in the hand piece.) If neither suggestion works, the trunk fiber may have become damaged or broken.
If your laser will not turn on here are a few things to double check:
1. Emergency stop switch. Toggle the switch to ensure that it is in the proper position. Push button down and then twist it in the direction of the arrows it should pop up.
2. Double check the breaker switch (usually located near the power cord) it should be depressed on the line side of the rocker switch. (Please note - not all lasers have breaker circuits.)
3. Verify that the outlet the laser is plugged into has power.
4. Refer to the laser's user manual to locate user serviceable fuses.
5. If any error messages are encountered, please write them down exactly as they appear. This will help the laser technician diagnose the problem effectively.